Who Said It Leaderboard

  • The Hojnacke's: 13
  • My Three Sons: 9
  • Aurelia: 5
  • Barbra Moore 1
  • Charles and Kelly: 1
  • Everyone else: 0

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who said it #22

For my Who said it post this week I'm going to do a series of quotes. Every time this Father and Son interact it makes me laugh.

Son: I'm sorry, Father, but the truth is, this is not my day for talking seriously.
Father: Well, what do you mean, sir?
Son: I mean that I only talk seriously on the first Tuesday of every month. Between noon and three.

Father: What are you doing here, sir? Wasting your time, as usual?
Son: My dear father, when one pays a visit, it is for the purpose of wasting other people's time and not one's own.

Father: I don't know how you stand society. A lot of d%#*d nobodies talking about nothing.
Son: I love talking about nothing, Father. It's the only thing I know anything about.

Son: There's somebody I want you to talk to.
Father: What about?
Son: About me, sir.
Father: Not a subject on which much eloquence is possible

Father: Married yet?
Son: Ask me again in half an hour

Son: (to a statue) It is a great nuisance. I can't find anyone else to talk to. I'm so full of interesting information, I feel like the latest edition of something or other. Well, after some consideration... so much to do, there's only one thing to be done. There comes a time in every son's life when he must, indeed, follow his father's advice: I shall go to bed at once.

Point's for naming the movie, characters, or actors

4 comments:

  1. Alright, I finally get to post before Laura. Movie: An Ideal Husband. Playwright: Oscar Wilde. Actor: Rupert Everett, playing Lord Goring. Whaaaaat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darnit! I cant believe I was beat out by Aurelia, too! By the way, I didn't really like that movie, but I do loooove Rupert Everett's characters :) I can however, name even more characters than Aurelia - Minnie Driver, Cate Blanchett and that red haired woman who played the well, for lack of better words, blackmailing whore......what is her name?? Ah, yes, Julianne Moore (I did have to google that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have gotten this one. I saw the movie once about 10 or 11 years ago. I figured it was from a movie about that period though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIIIICE! Aurelia makes a huge splash landing on our leaderboard. Lets see if I can count: I think that's 4 Points. (movie, author, actor, and character)

    LOVE THIS MOVIE
    LOVE OSCAR WILDE
    LOVE RUPERT EVERETT

    Interesting note about this movie: James Whistler (painter and contemporary of Oscar Wilde) worked as a critic for plays to supplement his income. He often lambasted Oscar Wilde's plays and Wilde returned the favor by criticizing Whistler's art. So clever of the director to include this trivia in the movie (Lord Goring is supposed to meet Minnie Driver to view Whistler's art and you see her starting at Whistler's Mother with absolute boredom and dislike).

    ReplyDelete