Who Said It Leaderboard

  • The Hojnacke's: 13
  • My Three Sons: 9
  • Aurelia: 5
  • Barbra Moore 1
  • Charles and Kelly: 1
  • Everyone else: 0

Monday, October 4, 2010

Extreme Makeover....Scott Home Edition

Megan went to a motivational conference just for teenagers that was supposed to help them realize that they can do hard things and that the time to do it is actually when you are a teenager.

This weekend she came into where I was hiding in my room and said: "you just don't want to go downstairs and face the mess". Truer words had never been spoken. So she offered to clean up downstairs in exchange for a cheeseburger happy meal from McDonalds. I took her up on it but in my mind didn't believe she'd last very long and told her it would probably be "too hard".

The boys wanted in on the deal and headed down to help Megan. They were excited to show me the finished product.



Andrew mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed the family room. NOTICE the beautiful flowers in the vases. I've been putting flowers from my back yard in the vases lately and Megan took the initiative to change out the flowers. She also put out the latest Ensign, Friend and New Era. She re-arranged the furniture slightly for a more "pleasing effect". It's all about the details!



Anthony was in charge of organizing the hall closet. Very Nice!



I wish I had before pictures so you could see how TRULY amazing this was. (Oh and I ended up getting Megan a pair of jeans she's had her eyes on. I didn't think a cheeseburger was quite sufficient.)

Megan truly can do hard things (including keeping two young boys motivated to clean).

1 comment:

  1. Great job Megan! I like the furniture rearrangement. You are lucky to have nice flowers for your home!

    ReplyDelete