Who Said It Leaderboard

  • The Hojnacke's: 13
  • My Three Sons: 9
  • Aurelia: 5
  • Barbra Moore 1
  • Charles and Kelly: 1
  • Everyone else: 0

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rated PG-13

We just can’t seem to keep a family pet.

Two years ago Megan signed up to bring home a millipede from school for the summer. She researched how to care for it and built a home. It escaped and one of the boys later found it’s dried out carcass on the floor.

So this summer we went for pet #2. Jason was out doing yard work and he brought in a little fuzzy creature. It was distinctly colored – it looked just like those little droppings the birds leave on your windshield.



The family decided to adopt it and wanted to watch it turn into a beautiful butterfly.

But first our new family pet needed a name. A few suggestions were bandied around and the kids settled on …… Turd.

I know…I know! Kids! Just saying the name sounds ridiculous. But it gets worse: I’m sitting in my room minding my own business reading a book when I hear the door slam. Then I hear Andrew’s voice calling up the stairs. “Mom! Where’s Turd?! He escaped again!” It seems the intrepid little turd was climbing up the string of the window blinds. Later I heard Zach cooing to our family pet “You’re a good little turd. Yes you are!”

Sadly, Turd escaped one two many times and he was found not breathing. But do not fear. He received a burial in a most appropriate way. We flushed him down the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment